Mar 14, 2022
In celebration of reaching our
50th episode, Anna, Anna and Elizabeth have a conversation about
things we really wish parents knew about food and
- The dangers of “Clean Eating” and Wellness
- How kids and teens going vegetarian, vegan, or
wanting to “eat healthier” can be a red flag.
- Absence of menstruation for teenage girls
is not normal (Amenorrea; RED-S)
- Casual comments on weight loss or people’s
bodies are harmful.
- Normalizing compensatory behaviors can lead to
disordered movement and eating.
- Fitness trackers are generally a bad idea,
especially for kids.
- It’s OK if your child doesn’t like to play a
- Nutrition education is often diet and weight
focused, and not developmentally appropriate.
- Disease & body-related jokes are harmful
and should not be tolerated, or worse, encouraged.
- “Health” warnings from well-meaning adults
(e.g., healthcare providers, gym teachers and parents) can send the